Laguna Verde is a steep valley shaped basin, rimmed by volcanoes.
At the low point of the basin is a deep hypersaline lake (the ‘surface brine resource’) covering 15.2km2.
Initial project focus is the surface brine resource, which has an existing historical resource estimate, along with the evaluation of sub-surface resources targeting the basin filling sediments underlying the lake.
The project benefits from extensive historical data including:
• a resource estimate on the surface brine resource
• a gravity survey which indicates over 500m of basin fill exists under the current footprint of Laguna Verde
• Transient Electromagnetic Survey (TEM) survey lines adjacent to the Laguna margin which indicate hypersaline brine target zones highly prospective for lithium resources
CleanTech Lithium’s resource evaluation work will focus on:
1) A sampling program on the surface brine resource to update and upgrade the historical surface brine resource into a JORC compliant resource estimate.
2) A resource drill program to test the subsurface hypersaline brine target zones.